RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Score One More, for K

Backstory: Like any normal married couple, my brother J and sister-in-law K occasionally get into little "discussions", and one person is usually "right"; not that they keep score or anything.

The other day, J bought a kazoo. K asked if it was a bubble wand. He told her it wasn't, it was a musical instrument. He demonstrated how to use it.

K wouldn't let it go. "Isn't that for bubbles?" she kept asking. J and I just laughed, and he buzzed the kazoo again. K made a face and said, "It's for bubbles."

The next day, J and I were at the 99 cent store, and I came upon the toy in the picture on the left. Look at the pink object to the right of the bubbles. Kazoo, or bubble maker? I took the picture to show K.

"Look", I said, "A bubble maker. See what it looks like?" It took her a couple of seconds for it to register. Then she said, "You mean I was right?? YEAH!!!" and she did the famous K is right pose. Try it when you really want to make a point. One arm straight in the air, other hand clenched in a fist, eyes closed, and shout, "YEAH!"

Gloating never looked so cute.


No comments: