RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Saturday, May 10, 2008

40 and Fabu...zzzzzzzzz



Since I turned 40 I've been sleeping a lot. Not to escape, necessarily, but I think this is what happens when one gets older. I'm not kidding. In the past six days, I have taken a nap every single day, something I used to reserve only for weekends. I'm not too worried about it. It sure beats a spare tire around the waist or aches and pains. Cuts down on blogging time, however.

I've decided to make a list of highlights of my birthday bash, for easy reading for you, and easy writing for me. If you didn't make it to the soiree, here's what you missed:

* Me, wearing a dress, high heels, and makeup, hair in an updo, greeting my guests Grace Kelly style, in a faux fur wrap I got at the Gap a couple of years ago.

* A yoga studio transformed into a glittering dance club, complete with disco ball hanging from an industrial chain.

* Heather, disco dancing diva on the dance floor. Heather was the talk of the party, because she got right on the dance floor and dirty danced with me and whoever came into her line of fire. The best part about Heather was that I didn't even know her; she was a college friend of some friends of mine, and tagged along with some others to the party. Heather, you were a hit!

* Dancing, dancing, dancing! There were a core of about four people, including myself, who were on the dance floor section of the room the entire night. Others came and went, and everyone boogied when I hit them with the "dance scepter". iPod playlist + stereo = instant club!!

* A speech session, which brought everyone to tears.

* Delicious food, which I didn't eat enough of. Amazing cupcakes and cookies, which I did eat enough of.

* The party favor--a custom made CD of the nights' selected hits.

Thanks to everyone who helped make my 40th my best birthday ever!!!

No comments: