RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, October 05, 2008

People at the Gym

Dear Readers,

You may have been wondering why I haven't blogged about the gym lately. It's because I haven't been. Before yesterday, I hadn't been in 11 days. I also don't train as regularly with Steve, because I've graduated to doing it myself. Consequently, I don't go as often. This is probably how I should have started in the first place, slowly, then working up to more days. I'm kind of doing things backwards.

In any case, I was at the gym yesterday, and the first person I saw was this woman whose husband wanted to take nude photos of me about ten years ago. Say what??? Yeah. I was working as a puppeteer at a child's birthday party, and afterwards, one of the dads said he was a photographer and he'd love to do a photo shoot with me. At the time I had a bleach blond crew cut and an earring in my eyebrow, so I guessed he was after my alternative look.

I went to his house, met his wife and young son, and saw his work: naked women. They were tastefully done, artistic, and all, but still. He told me he did nudes and he wanted me to shave my head. Uh, no thanks. I was creeped out, but agreed to take some photos with all my clothes on, thank you very much. I haven't ever seen him in town, but I see his wife occasionally, and I always get an icky feeling when I see her. She didn't remember me, thank god.

Later on, I saw this guy I've seen a few times before. He has curly black hair, very long, pulled back into a ponytail, and he wears a white sweatband around his forehead like he's living in the 70's. He was walking with a chain belt around his waist, and attached to the belt was a kettle bell. It looked like a cannonball with a handle. He was walking with this thing inbetween his legs, and I wanted to shout, "You got balls!", but I restrained myself. What he did was grab this bar and did pull ups with this thing attached to him. So strong and macho! Maybe I'll try it next time.

I got on the bike and didn't pedal quite as fast as the old man on the bike next to me, but I'm working my way up to it. Gotta protect myself from injury.

No comments: