RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, October 09, 2008

Get Used to It

I've lived in Boston for 16 years, and I still don't know the network channels here. To me, CBS is channel 2, NBC is channel 4, and ABC is 7. That's New York, of course. What channel is CBS in Boston?

Another thing I can't get used to here is pizza bags. I'll never forget the first time I got a slice of pizza to go in Boston. They laid the pizza flat and put it in a stationery bag! In New York, they use flat bags for cards you buy at the stationery store. For pizza, they fold the pizza slice in half and put it in a lunch bag like one of those brown paper bags kids put their lunch in.

I have gotten used to asking for a frappe when what I really want is a milkshake, and I use the words "wicked" (I'm wicked tired!) and "no, sir!" (I don't believe you) regularly. There's still hope.

1 comment:

SabineM said...

also CBS 2, NBC 4, and ABC 7 here in LA!
HEY I SAW KC Friday!!!