RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

What Would You Do?

I witnessed a fistfight between two teenagers on my way to the T today. They were on the basketball court, and I couldn't tell if it was real or if they were just fooling around. There were about five other kids on the court, one of whom was egging them on. At one point, it looked like a girl got in the middle of it and started swinging. It started to look real.

And here I am, little tiny white woman (the participants were not white). Am I supposed to step in the middle of this group and get my ass kicked? Try to break it up? Should I have called the police?

As it turned out, a white woman much taller than me came over and broke it up. I guessed she was a teacher at the high school.

The incident left me unsettled. What would you have done?

1 comment:

SabineM said...

Tough one! I think I would have left it alone or gone into the school to look for someone.... the problem, Alex, is you don't know if they have more then fists! And fists alone, when you are a small woman and there are a few taller and angry ppl, you just never know! Years ago, I would have tried to stop it, now I would have thought about it first!