RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

NYC

I was in New York City the other day. What a city. I walked all over, up and down Broadway, and didn't feel like I was walking that much. Till I got back to my hotel room and fell asleep almost immediately. I calculated exactly how much I walked in one day. Eight miles. Eight! Wish I could do that every day, but walking in Brookline isn't the same.

Where else but NYC can you see a guy walking along in a funny hat making bird noises every few feet? And it wasn't to entertain the children; this was around 9:00 pm in Times Square. I saw this big tough looking guy on the subway, listening to his iPod. He looked like L.L. Cool J, very cute. He was listening to one of my favorite rap songs, and I wanted to tell him so. I waited till he looked up, and I said, "That's a great song." He said, "This one?" I said, "Yeah, it's one of my favorites. Thank you for listening to it so loud." He got this bashful "aw shucks" look on his face and said, "You're welcome."


I saw this sign:
Perfect for the camera tripod that
walks. More NYC adventures to come.

No comments: