RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Celebrity Sightings

When I was in NYC, on my first morning I walked out of my hotel and within 5 minutes saw Alec Baldwin. He was waiting to cross the street, and I stared at him to make sure it really was a Baldwin. Looked his image up on the web to make sure it was Alec, and not one of the other ones. He was holding hands with a rather dowdy woman who I thought was his wife. When I called a friend to tell her about my celebrity sighting, she said, "He's not married! He's the Kim Basinger one!" Ohhh...was it his mother? She was short, and a little paunchy, not old enough to be his mother. Unless she dyed her hair. Who was that mystery woman? Who cares? I saw Alec Baldwin!

Other celebrities I have seen, in no particular order:

Madonna and Sean Penn, jogging in Central Park. This was back when they were married. Madonna whipped right past me, but Sean looked in my eyes. I thought he was going to punch me out.

Ron Palillo, who played Horseshack on the 70's sitcom Welcome Back Kotter. He came into Belvedere Castle in Central Park, where I used to work. Saw a lot of celebrities in Central Park.

Morgan Freeman, riding his bike in Central Park. I was in my early twenties, but looked like a teenager. I stopped him and said, "Mr. Freeman, I've been a fan of yours ever since you were on The Electric Company." He replied, "And look atcha now, all grown up!" It sounded condesending to me, and left a bad impression.

Another bad impression was when I met Sonia Manzano, who plays Maria on Sesame Street. I used to be one of the little kids on Sesame Street, and of course all little kids idolize the cast, right? I had proof I was on the show when I was looking through one of my college textbooks that I had bought. There was a picture of Maria and the back of my head, on the Sesame Street set. When I heard that Maria was going to be at the Children's Museum of Boston, I brought the book to show her. I went up to her and said, "Look, this is me and you!" and she said to me, "How do you know that's you?" Oh my god, I was so pissed and disappointed in her.

More celebrity sighting stories to come...

No comments: