RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lazy Sunday

Ahhh...2:30 pm. I just woke up. Now, before you get the wrong idea, I did not go to sleep last night and wake up just now. I got up at 6:30, fed the cat, and woke up again at 9:00 because the phone rang. Friend and I went out to breakfast, and there musta been somethin' in the bacon, 'cause I came back, had a cup of tea, and went right back to bed. Till just now. Nice thing about having a cat is that she sleeps whenever I do, and wakes up with me too. It's so cute.

Now listen, if you think I'm livin' the life, just stop and think about what I do. Why, yesterday I spent a grand total of 3 1/2 hours in a movie theater; the first hour and a half I was in one theater watching a Bugs Bunny film festival, and the other two hours I was in another theater watching the tirades of one Idi Amin (The Last King of Scotland). Went out to eat till 11:15 pm, and now I'm tired all day.

Seriously, I don't sit on my ass all day. Yesterday I also made greeting cards, painted and decopaged a mirror, and wrote part of my memoir. My neighbor came downstairs and wanted to know if I skiied. No. Ice skated? Not really. Sledded? Uh...I tried to be helpful. "I surf the net!" I told her. Har dee har har.

Sometimes it's good to have a lazy Sunday. Gotta go finish the paper, and get ready to sit on my ass for 3 hours tonight watching the Oscars. What a life!

1 comment:

SabineM said...

Hey what did you think of Forest in The LAST KING OF SCOTLAND? he is an amazing actor. He played a scary Idi Amin. For someone who doesn't like violence (not that I do), you must have been tired due to the movie!
I got out of the theater and was really stressed out