RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Friday, February 23, 2007

Reality Check

Ah, to be childless and a teacher on the public school calendar. A week off, with nowhere to go. I have watched Ellen and Oprah every day, and Oprah on Ellen. And not Martha Stewart, though I tried. She is just not a talk show host. She's always been so stiff. Maybe she can do wonders with a styrofoam ball and a glue gun, but I need a little more human connection, you know what I mean?

So here's the thing: Every Sunday night I go to my friends' house to watch The Apprentice. For one reason or another, we haven't been able to watch the last 2 episodes, but thank god for TiVo. But now we have to catch up on The Apprentice and The Amazing Race All Stars. And The Oscars are on Sunday. And America's Next Top Model starts again next week. And American Idol is on every Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. And that conflicts with Survivor. What is a girl to do?

I am sooo glad I don't like dramas.

I know about five people who read my blog regularly. Four of them can totally relate to the above. One of them has gone to the bathroom and is dry heaving. You okay, Mike? Mike?

I think I'll bust out the bon bons.

1 comment:

SabineM said...

ok I am one that can't relate......But I love Ellen and Oprah and American Idol and I LOVE TIVO most of all! ;-) What was life without TIVO?!!!