RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, December 15, 2008

Prosthetic Barbarella Barbie

Scarlett brought in a new Barbie doll today. She was a mess. I asked her mom if this was CSI Barbie. Look at her! Chalk Outline Barbie?

I decided to fix her up. I put her hair up, and grabbed a piece of fleece from the scrap box. Not for nothing, but I could be on Project Runway Barbie. Look at that outfit I crafted, all without sewing, buttons, or glue! My boss, Rosie, said she looked like Barbarella from the 60's, aka Jane Fonda. She does.

I also made a prosthetic leg for Barbie. It was really for show, because it didn't bend. She's showing it off rather nicely, though, don't you think?

Of course, When Scarlett saw my creations, she said, "Barbie doesn't want that outfit or that leg." She let me keep her hair up, at least.


No comments: