RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Saturday, September 15, 2007

And Now For Dessert


















Lest you think all I do is eat fresh bananas and cauliflower, I give you...the Double Decker Oatmeal Creme Pie, courtesy of Little Debbie. Have you ever seen something so deliciously sinful, for only 50 cents?

Backstory: When I was growing up in Brooklyn, I used to eat all sorts of snack cakes. One of my favorites was the oatmeal creme pie, by Drake's. When I moved to Boston, I discovered they didn't have Drake's, but Little Debbie is the closest I'll get. I started getting oatmeal creme pies just for old time's sake, and then I started eating them on a semi-regular basis. And then I started noticing that I could pinch an inch around my midsection.

I went to a nutritionist, and told her that I needed to eat something sweet every day, so give me some choices. She told me to keep my sweets to 100 calories. A regular Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pie is about 300 calories. Guess how much a Double Decker is? A whopping 470!!! I make sure I can still enjoy it by cutting it up into fourths and eating only one of those fourths. Only 117 calories!

I'm off to eat organic fruit for breakfast before it goes bad, unlike my Little Debbie's. They never go bad.

2 comments:

Ice Cream said...

I lived on oatmeal cream pies all during my freshman year of highschool. Mmmmmmmmmm. I could never just eat a fourth. Enjoy the fruit =)

SabineM said...

Wow, i am soo glad that I do not have a sweet tooth! IT IS ALL ABOUT CHEESE for me!