RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Monday, June 04, 2007

It's Just Another Vermin Monday


I'm known as the animal rescuer at my school. In the past 10 years, I have rescued a frog, a pigeon, several insects, and have assisted in the rescue of an opossom and a bat. Today's rescue was a baby mouse. Poor little thing was just sitting there, separated from its nest, looking cute and forlorn at the same time. I would have liked to return it to its mummy, but there were curious children crowding around. I ended up taking it outside to the far corners of the property, where it immediately made a meal of a rain-soaked leaf. I figure it'll take about a week to make its way back.







After school I went to Starbucks to relax for awhile. My table was already occupied--by a huge cockroach. I didn't rescue this one; I asked someone to bring a broom and smash it. After I took a picture, of course.






1 comment:

Pumpkin Cupcake Queen said...

I didn't need to know that about Starbucks! Damn!