RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, May 31, 2007

I Have Sunk to a New Low

Last night I went to dinner with my friend Amy. I needed to buy groceries; milk, and something for lunch for today, but I didn't want to ask her to stop at the supermarket. We passed by a 7-11 and ran in. I got milk and walked around the store for about 10 minutes, trying to find something edible for lunch. There were individual slices of Spam, refrigerated spaghetti and meatballs that were freshest by yesterday, chicken salad wraps that looked very soggy, and ramen noodles.


Just as I was about to give up, I spotted this:
And I bought it. It was nostalgic; having grown up
in New York, White Castle burgers were a rare
treat whenever I used to go beyond city limits.
I asked the kid behind the counter if he had ever
tried them, and he said, "Yeah, they're really
good. Actually, I like everything in this store."
Lord help me, and may the Organic Food Gods
forgive me for what I am about to eat for lunch
today.

No comments: