RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Earworm

You know that Gary Numan song, "Cars", from 1980? Well, I hadn't heard it in years, but it was on this CD a friend had lent me, and I remembered what a cool song it was. Very catchy. So I was psyched and had been thinking about it for a couple of days.

So then last night I was waiting to get the next part of my tattoo done, and "Cars" comes on, but this really different and cool version. Oh man, it was off the hook! So I asked to hear it again, and it was great the second time around too.

And last night as I went to sleep I got an earworm--when a song plays over and over in your head and you can't make it stop. "Cars" kept playing as I was going to sleep, and then every time I woke up and turned over, there it was.

Is it possible to get an earworm from reading a blog? Are you, dear readers, singing, "Here in my car, I feel safest of all, I can lock all my doors, it's the only way to live, in CARS!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yes, i am now singing it.