RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, March 02, 2006

Who's Lovin' You?

So this week on American Idol I thought the women all sucked, except for Lisa Tucker, who not only sounded great but sang one of my favorite songs, "Who's Lovin' You?". I don't know if The Jackson 5 were the first ones to sing it, but their version (really little Michael Jackson) kicks ass.
I got so pumped listening to Lisa Tucker that I got out my J5 CD and played that song over and over. It made me think about Michael Jackson, and how he got from there to where he is today. Started in the J5 when he was something like five years old, and recorded "Who's Lovin' You?" when he was eleven. Boy could sing! Hit all the notes, had some amazing riffs, and seemed like he really felt what he was singing.

(needle scratching record sound) Say what???

Think about it. An elementary-aged kid crooning songs about kissing, love, and heartache...eww! That's messed up. Sometimes the songs seemed okay for a kid to sing, like "Rockin' Robin" and "Dancin' Machine"; those were cute teenybopper songs. One of my favorite lines is from the song, "Sugar Daddy", which sounds sick, but is very catchy, and funny when little Michael belts out, "I'll even let you drive my Caddy, when I get one, Baby!"

When he was a kid he was treated as an adult, and now that he's an adult, all he wants to do is be a kid. I'm not saying it's okay for him to sleep with little kids and give them Jesus Juice. Alls I'm saying is that it's pretty easy to see how MJ got to be where he is, and it's so sad. Such talent! There was too much pressure, and no childhood. If I could get in a time machine, I'd go to Gary, Indiana, and rescue that boy from future Coke pyrotechnic accidents and facial reconstruction. Say what you want about Wacko Jacko; I'm still a fan.

No comments: