RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Thursday, March 02, 2006

AI

Tonight on American Idol last season's winner Carrie Underwood performed her smash hit, "Jesus Take the Wheel." I'm not kidding, that's what the song was called. When I heard Ryan Seacrest say the name of the song I burst out laughing. Come on!

Then she sang the song, and I must say, I was very impressed. She was never one of my faves, but winning has been good for her. She sounds so much better now, and the song itself was not so bad. Until the part when the woman driving the truck slips on a patch of black ice and lets "Jesus take the wheel." Want to know what happens? He takes the wheel, and she doesn't die! Hallelujah!

My friend Tressa called at the commercial and I answered with, "I can't talk, I'm driving." She topped that with, "I sure hope Jesus wasn't drinking tonight!" Every time I think of that line, I burst out laughing. I look like a crazy person sitting in my armchair with my white bathrobe, bursting into laughter for no apparent reason. If you see me doing this, it's because I'm thinking of something funny someone said. Everyone does that, right? Right?

No comments: