RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Friday, January 15, 2010

Watch Where You Sit

Yesterday at school I was getting ready to read a story. I had gathered all the children, got them to sit down, and put my little chair in its place so I could sit down and read. A little girl was near my chair, and as I sat down, she pulled the chair out from under me. I fell hard on the floor, totally unexpected. It was that classic pratfall you see in the movies--classic! It would have been funny if I hadn't hit my back. I was okay, she was horrified, and I got some ice and read the story. It was classic, I gotta give her that. What timing! Next time I'll be sure to look carefully before sitting down.

1 comment:

Glen said...

Other than getting a little hurt this was classic! If you had taught your class about the Three Stooges (which I'm sure the parents wouldn't approve of) you could have completed the scene by calling the girl a "chowderhead" or "spinach chin" when you hit the floor!