RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

No Dress, But Someone Famous!

So I wait for awhile, and really, my bag is not there, so I go to the office, where there is a huge line of people. Guess this happens fairly regularly, just like I've read about.

They take my info and tell me that most likely, the bag will be delivered to where I'm staying that night, or the next morning. The next morning, of course, I have a wedding to go to, so it better be there the next morning!

Meanwhile, the groom's father, who I have never met, has been waiting for me for at least 30 minutes. What a first impression to make, even though it wasn't my fault. We finally get in the car and head to the Chinese restaurant where my friend Rekha is, along with her family, her fiance, his family, and guests from out of town. I say hi and tell my story, threatening to wear jeans to the wedding. It's all I have.

My story is overshadowed by a celebrity sighting at the restaurant! Rekha tells me in a stage whisper that Robin Williams is at the table across the room, and indeed he is, along with his wife/former nanny, and their children. Wow!! We sneak glances throughout the dinner. Rekha's mom whispers to me, "Is he drinking red wine? I thought he just got out of rehab?" We determine together that it's a Coke, not red wine. No drama.

No one wants to disturb him while he's eating. You'd almost never know they were there. At the end of their meal, as they're leaving the restaurant, a teenager asks for his autograph and whips out the digital camera. Mr. Williams is very nice about the request, very quiet, and sneaks away quickly afterwards.

The night passes without a call from the airline courier.

1 comment:

Pumpkin Cupcake Queen said...

Yes, but have you ever met Austin Hearst? I didn't think so.