RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

One of those getting to know you things

I copied this from someone's blog, and answered it myself:

1. How old do you wish you were?
I like the age I am (38).

2. Where were you when 9/11 happened?
I was in Japan. One of my former nursery school students, who is Japanese and was about 10 at the time, called me and said, "Alex, turn on the TV. An airplane flew into the two tall buildings." 9/11 didn't affect me like it did the people who were in America. Before 9/11, when I told Japanese people I was from New York, they said, "Cool!" After 9/11, they said, "I'm sorry."

3. What do you do when vending machines steal your money?
I say, "Goddammit!" and I hit the machine.

4. Do you consider yourself kind?
Yes.

5. If you had to get a tattoo, where and what would it be?
Good question for me, eh? My next tat is a stereotypical sailor tattoo. It will be a heart with a banner that says, "Mom." To honor my mom, who passed away 16 years ago, and also because I think she would get a kick out of it.

6. If you could be fluent in any other language, what would it be?
Japanese.

7. Do you know your neighbors?
Yes, very well. I love my house and my neighborhood.

8. What do you consider a vacation?
Not being at work. Like now, I'm on vacation. Even if all I do is errands and nap.

9. Do you follow your horoscope?
Religiously.

10. Would you move for the person you loved?
Yes.

11. Are you touchy feely?
Depends on the vibe I get. Usually, yes.

12. Do you believe that opposites attract?
Yes.

13. Dream job?
I love my job now, but...some of my dream jobs include writer, actor, first ever really petite top model.

14. Favorite channels?
HGTV (Home and Garden channel), TLC, whatever channels Dateline, The Apprentice, American Idol, and Project Runway are on.

15. Favorite place to go on a weekend?
'Round here. I'm a homebody.

16. Showers or bath?
Depends on my mood. I do both.

17. Do you paint your nails?
Not my fingernails, they ruin too easily because I work with my hands and I love to do dishes. I get pedicures semi regularly in the summer.

18. Do you trust people easily?
Yes and no. Again, I go with the vibe I get.

19. What are your phobias?
Moths, things that fly and hop at the same time (grasshoppers, locusts), open staircases, bats getting into my apartment and flying above my loft bed, very close to my head. Guess I have a thing about things that fly, huh?

20. Do you want kids?
It would be nice, but I'm surrounded by kids all the time, so I'm not lacking for kid energy.

21. Do you keep a handwritten journal?
Nope. I have all my thoughts in my head.

22. Where would you rather be right now?
Than here? Nowhere.

23. What makes you feel warm and safe?
A cuppa English tea with lots of milk and sugar, and my fleece throw.

24. Heavy or light sleep?
Light.

25. Are you paranoid?
Why? What do you want from me?

26. Are you impatient?
No. Very patient. Except with vending machines.

27. Who can you relate to?
Oprah Winfrey. A fabulous woman who grew up poor.

28. How do you feel about interracial couples?
Fine. I've dated many different races.

29. Have you been burned by love?
Yes.

30. What's your life motto?
From my nursery school: Have fun, be safe, and use your imagination.

31. What's your main ringtone on your mobile?
It goes like this: da da da da da da da, da da da da...

32. What were you doing at midnight last night?
Reading a book I had realized I had already read before, but finished it anyway.

33. Who was your last text message from?
A guy I once dated, who turned out to be married.

34. Whose bed did you sleep in last night?
Mine own.

35. What color shirt are you wearing?
Grey.

36. Most recent movie you watched?
I'm terrible at this question. Uh...I think it was that date one with Jennifer Aniston and Vince Vaughn. I got free passes, and was glad I hadn't paid for it.

37. Name five things you have on you at all times?
Grammar police: this is not a question. In any case,
1) iPod
2) wallet
3) keys
4) plastic case that holds first aid stuff: band aids, tissues, Advil, Chapstick, Purell
5) new digital camera

38. What color are your bed sheets?
Light aquamarine.

39. How much cash do you have on you right now?
Let me check: $8 in bills, $2.21 in change, and 2 tokens. The quarters will go in the laundry jar.

40. What is your favorite part of the chicken?
Boneless breast.

41. What is your favorite town/city?
Shibuya: Tokyo, Japan.

42. I can't wait till...
I hear from the love of my life.
I turn 40. I'm going to throw a fabulous party!
I get my next tat.
My debts are paid off.
I sell my first book.

43. Who got you to join MySpace?
Hmm...was this list of questions written by a 16 year old MySpacer? I don't like to think about MySpace because it makes me think of sexual predators.

44. What did you have for dinner last night?
A chicken teriyaki wrap.

45. How tall are you barefoot?
5'1"

46. Have you ever smoked crack?
Actually, my best friend and I did when we were in high school, but we did it wrong. Thank god.

47. Do you own a gun?
I used to own a glue gun, but I sold it at a yard sale.

48. What do you prefer to drink in the morning?
English tea with lots of milk and sugar.

49. What is your secret weapon to lure in the opposite sex?
To lure in anyone, I'll use charm and flirting.

50. Do you have A.D.D?
What? Random question. Answer: no.

51. What time did you wake up today?
7:00 am. Like I do every day, even on vacation.

52. Current worry?
Is my cat scratching herself more than usual, and is it due to her heart medication, and why didn't I notice it sooner, and am I a terrible mother?

53. Current hate?
Baggers at the grocery store who put all the heavy things in one bag, and all light things in another.

54. Favorite place to be?
On the glider on my porch. Think I'll go there after this.

55. Where would you like to travel?
Back to Japan. It's been 6 years.

56. Where do you think you'll be in 10 years?
Either right here, or in a condo I've bought, close to here. Working on my second book.

57. Last thing you ate?
Vinegar and sea salt potato chips. Ick!!! I tried them because my friend had them.

58. What songs do you sing in the shower?
Anything that comes to mind.

59. Last person that made you laugh?
Last person who made me laugh? A little girl at a wedding who was dancing very well to klezmar music.

60. Worst injury you ever had?
I got bit in the arse by a German Shepherd when I was 10 and the size of a 7 year old. He shook me like a rag doll.

61. Does someone have a crush on you?
Yeah, but the feeling's not mutual. Sigh...

62. What is your favorite candy?
Snickers with almonds.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
SabineM said...

who is leaving your comments that you have to delete? ;-)
Beanie