RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Gross!

So last night I'm in the bathroom and I see this multi-legged creepy looking insect skitter behind the toilet, next to the broom. I immediately grab my cat and put her face within viewing distance. I yell, "Look, Shelby, get it!" She looks around and sees the broom, which she thinks I've pointed out to her so she can chew the plastic bristles. She puts her face close to the broom bristles. "NO!!!" I scream. "Look, look! Get it! It's a bug!" The bug comes out a little, and Shelby takes one look and walks away. Like she does every time she sees a bug, goddammit.

I go get a boot to smash it, and succeed in doing so. However, as I'm smashing it, it's still moving a little, so I get freaked out and jump back, yelping. My bare foot lands on something wet and squishy, which makes me scream louder. It's a fresh hairball, compliments of Shelby. Ewww!!

Oh god, I was so freaked out by all of this, I just left everything where it was and went straight to bed. Cleaned everything up this morning. That's what I get for taking my slippers off for just one second. If you live on the first floor with a lazy cat, don't slack. Always be aware...

No comments: