RANDOM THOUGHTS ON VARIOUS SUBJECTS

Friday, August 28, 2009

Bathtub Blunder














I taught my cat Shelby how to drink from the tub faucet. She jumps in the tub and waits for me to turn on the faucet, and when she's done, she jumps out. The whole process takes about five minutes.

Shelby had a little "accident" outside of her litter box today, so I had to clean the plastic litter mat that is right outside of her box. It's a plastic grid tray, and to clean it, I have to fill up the tub with a little water and soak it.

Well, I left it to soak, and forgot about it. Poor Shelby jumped in the tub as she usually does. I heard a noise, and then I saw a shaken Shelby, limping with very wet feet. Oh, the poor thing! I have never seen a cat look embarrassed, but I swear that is how she looked. I wiped her feet off and apologized profusely, and she did what she usually does in great times of stress: she fell asleep.

I cleaned out the tub, and in a few minutes I'll show her that it's okay. I hope she's not too traumatized.

1 comment:

Salty Miss Jill said...

Your Shelby looks like my Pasha. Fluffy tail, tortoiseshell markings. :) What a cutie!